BG Consultants, Inc. is a mid-sized, regional consulting firm that provides engineering, architectural and surveying solutions. The driving force behind our commitment to our community and those we serve are our employees. We are currently recruiting for a land survey technician to join our growing team. This entry-level position will be involved in a broad variety of professional disciplinary projects. Qualified candidates should be consistent, dependable, responsible, flexible, self-motivated with a desire to learn, possess attention to detail, proficient in communication, and possess time management skills.
Key Responsibilities - Office:
- Processing of field collected data
- Drafting of field collected data
- Data management and organization
- Calculation of land areas
- Preparing and/or maintaining maps, sketches, legal exhibits, etc.
- Researching and reviewing legal documents relating to land title and property boundaries
Key Responsibilities - Field:
- Topographic surveying
- Boundary surveying
- Construction layout and calculations
- High accuracy measurements
- Prepare/log notes and sketches
- Standing and walking long distances
- Lifting equipment or monuments up to 50 pounds
- High School Diploma
- Basic computer skills
- Proficiency in mathematics, specifically trigonometry and geometry
- Willingness to work overtime (up to 60 hours/week)
- Willingness to drive several hours a day
- Willingness to travel, with occasional overnights (up to 100% expense paid)
- Education: As required for professional licensure through NCEES
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) License
- Experience in Land Surveying, or similar field: 0-10 years
- CADD: AutoCAD/Carlson/Civil 3d/Microstation
- GIS: ArcGIS, QGIS
- Survey: Data Processing (Topcon, Trimble, etc)
BG Consultants, Inc., offers a competitive benefits package including paid personal leave, 401(K), health, dental, life and vision insurance, professional development opportunities, and much more.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume & application to firstname.lastname@example.org, in PDF format.
BG Consultants, Inc. is an EEO employer.